At times, the strongest hearts get tired too. Life is never easy where it tends you break you down. Whether it is the pandemic, the death of loved ones, job loss, (relationship, financial, family) issues, isolation or anxiety, it can be too much for some of our fragile hearts to absorb, and that’s okay.
We need to stay strong and hope that better days are coming. The Happy Hormones has faith that every struggle and adversity that lie in your way will only make you stronger, and every cloud has a silver lining.
To get back on your feet and feel a little inspired, go through the quotes about strength in hard times:
1. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
2. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
3. “If you can’t fly then run if you can’t run then walk if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
5. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
6. “The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
7. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is true strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
8. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
9. “You need to be buried deep in the dirt before you can find your bloom.” – Roz Inga
10. “Hope. It’s like a drop of honey, a field of tulips blooming in the springtime. It’s a fresh rain, a whispered promise, a cloudless sky, the perfect punctuation mark at the end of a sentence. And it’s the only thing in the world keeping me afloat.” –Tahereh Mafi
11. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Christopher Robin
12. “The best way to get rid of the pain is to feel the pain. And when you feel the pain and go beyond it, you’ll see there’s a very intense love that is wanting to awaken itself.” – Deepak Chopra
13. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
14. “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen
15. “It’s going to be all right, sir,” Harry said over and over again, more worried by Dumbledore’s silence than he had been by his weakened voice. “We’re nearly there … I can Apparate us both back … don’t worry …”
“I am not worried, Harry,” said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. “I am with you.” – J.K.Rowling
After reading these quotes about strength in hard times, if you need some tips on how to cope when going through difficult times, here are 5 strategies:
1. Prioritize self-care
Read a book, take a shower, have a glass of wine while watching a movie or perhaps go for a meal with your buddy. Being kind to yourself during tough times is crucial to healing from the inside out. Engage in something that will take your mind off where you can rejuvenate. Try to practice reading two or more quotes about strength in hard times on a weekly basis.
2. Stick to your purpose and routine
Have a to-do list and stick to it because, during hardship, we might neglect our responsibilities. Thus, this list will guide you in achieving your purpose in life.
3. Don’t bottle up
Bottling up your feelings and emotions never help. Talk your heart out to your loved ones because their support and feedback might help you overcome your fears. You won’t feel lonely with their presence.
4. Focus on what you can control
Don’t pay attention and waste your energy on situations that are beyond your control. For instance, people’s emotions, feelings and how they react towards you. Instead, do focus on the things you can control, as they will impact you positively.
Expressing gratitude, how you treat people, how you react to other’s actions, holding a grudge or letting it go, and taking care of your needs – things you can control.
5. Practise acceptance and reflection
Take a moment and realise how far you have travelled while you are focusing your road ahead. The progress that you have made will boost your confidence.
Besides, the past hardships show a different perspective of what you are going through right now. Let’s say you had a fight with your best friend but managed to make it to them, and you have been collecting beautiful memories ever since then.
This too shall pass. Have faith, and keep re-reading these quotes about strength in hard times to get better at coping!